- clearning products like dishwashing liquid, and a degreasing cleaner to degrease the aluminum
- sulferic acid (to soak the aluminum)
- power supply, aluminum plate (attach the negative cathode of the power supply to the aluminum plate, then put the plate in sulpheric acid, then connect the positive to the aluminum piece, then turn on power to 12 volts DC at 2 amps (when bubbles form you know the current is flowing. When bubbles stop, remove the aluminum piece).
- Anodizing dye, distilled water (mix according to directions, and submerge for 15 minutes or more. (Sometimes people heat it)).
- Finishing additives (optional?)