This is a new blog page.
Does not need scanner software to work. Just turn it on and select 'keyboard' and plug in and it will scan to whatever document is open.
sudo apt update sudo apt install -y gnupg2 sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://deb.anydesk.com/ all main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/anydesk.list' wget -qO - https://keys.anydesk.com/repos/DEB-GPG-KEY | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt -y update && sudo apt -y install anydesk
then, because kali isn't supported:
wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/p/pangox-compat/libpangox-1.0-0_0.0.2-5.1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i libpangox-1.0-0_0.0.2-5.1_amd64.deb
Printer driver is found automatically when you select HP laser jet (plug in printer so it can detect it). When I printed a test page, it printed.
NOTE: You may have to, every time, set the Page Layout paper size to Paper size: Letter 8.5x11 and Orientation: Landscape, otherwise it will use it's default which will print off the page (8.25x11.69 for some reason).
GNU Image techniques:
- Highlight a path (could be text), the R-click > Edit > Stroke path and you can select how to draw the path (maybe using pencil, make sure your pencil width is the width you want.
- Long Shadow with Filters > Light and Shadow > Long Shadow
- Halftone effect with Filters > Distort > Newsprint, change Pattern to 'Circle', then go to Colors > Color to Alpha (turns white background to Alpha ie transparent, so any image below the image, could be the same image, will show its colors through). Then if you 'lock' the layer with the Alpha channel (click the alpha grid above the layers list) then you can select a color (the regular way) and drag the color over onto the layer to change its color.
- Make text duplicate and then wrap in a cylinder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhkSi1pSX0w&list=PL_7viLFyJ7sCLguZdKJ9dAbUUXRy13VOF&index=12
- To duplicate text, click the 'duplicate layer' button a few times. Then click on the tool 'Alignment' (it's an alternative to 'Move' ie top-left) and drag around the object (which will select all lower levels also) and then you can 'Distribute targets evenly on the horizontal' on the pane on the left and it will space them out evenly. To wrap the object, go to Help > Search and Run a Command and type 'map object' and select cylinder if that's what you want.
- Heal tool: CTRL + L-click to pick what you want your 'heal' to look like
- Reduce colors Image > Mode > Indexed
Tools and Shortkeys:
- 'Rubber band feature' to select area for all the layers underneath.
- Select all text with CTRL-A
- Change size of layers simultaneously with 'transform lock' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk64-pTq3cE&list=PL_7viLFyJ7sCLguZdKJ9dAbUUXRy13VOF&index=15
SUBVERSION OF POWER:
- is in fill, in the details it has 'pattern fill'
- PATTERNS: Export any image as .pat, then move that file to /home/COMPUTERNAME/GIMP/2.10/patterns, and then restart GNU Image
- Make halftone. Duplicate your image and go to Colors > Exposure and take the Black level down (so everything looks kinda grey. Now apply the Filter > Distorts > Newsprint and make the Pattern a circle. Now go to your other unedited image and highlight all the black and copy paste it onto the image you edited with Exposure and Newsprint.
MULTIPLES for STICKERS
Filters > Map > Tile ... and then select the size
Filters > Edge detect > Edge ... Laplace